Saturday, January 30, 2010

7 Weeks to Go!

As of tomorrow, only 7 weeks left before the Shamrock Marathon! Last Sunday I completed my 16 mile run, but had to walk a bit on the last mile. Because of that, my pace was over my goal, so I've still got work to do! In reality however, its not that unusual to struggle with a new (new this training cycle) distance the first time you attempt it. If you remember, I ran 10 mile runs 4-5 times and then did the same for 12 mile runs, all because I was working toward the First Light Half Marathon. I've noticed my pace is right on or even under up to 12 or 13 miles, then it falls off. I did make it to mile 15 (and a little beyond) last week before walking a tad.



This week is a "step back" week. I originally was going to do 12 tomorrow, but since I've done that distance so many times, I'll only "step back" to 14 miles - so that's the goal for tomorrow. Then a week from tomorrow, I'll bump it back up to 16 or 18. So my objective for tomorrow's 14 mile run will be to hit my target pace for all 14 miles.



Haven't reported on my weight in a couple of weeks. I have stayed within a half pound of 200 for the last 3-4 weeks. I need to get better about passing on the beer during the week! I've fallen off that plan a little - still way better than before, but still some room for improvement.



With starting my new job this past week, work has gotten hectic. I did manage to get in two 6 mile runs during the week, but need to work harder to get that third night of running in as well.



So...that's the update for now. Today's Song of the Blog is Viva La Vida by Coldplay.





It's starting to get close! The next several long runs are critical!





Ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment