Sunday, January 3, 2010

11 Weeks to the Shamrock Marathon!

Wow- time is flying by; cannot believe I'm down to 11 weeks to go already! I have not run a whole bunch in the last week or so for two reasons: 1) too much company and too much fun over the Holidays, and 2) my sciatic nerve is acting up and limiting my time out on the road. Between my last post (2 weeks ago) and now, I did manage to get in a 3rd 12 mile run - so I feel ready for the Half Marathon next weekend - assuming my ba-hootie quits hurting! This past week I only ran 4 miles on Wednesday and then rested (deliberately) for 4 days - went out today and did 6 miles. The sciatica felt a little better, but very much still there. I've been treating it with a product called "BioFreeze" which helps a lot. I'll probably do a short (4 miles) run Tuesday or Wednesday and then rest until the Half Marathon next Sunday. I really need to start ramping up my miles for the Shamrock right after the Half Marathon, so don't want this sciatic nerve thing to prevent that.


On the weight front - last blog report I was at 198. Since then I jumped back up to 200, then, believe it or not, over the Christmas weekend lost 1/2 pound and weighed in at 199.5 the Tuesday after Christmas.

Now that we are into the new year, I thought I'd post my running results for 2009. At the top of this post is the chart I keep throughout the year. My annual miles have dropped a little bit the last two years, the peak was 2007 with 779.4 miles, but I don't view this year as a significant change.
Okay - enough for today. Hope you read my post about the St. Jude Benefit Run - I'm very excited about it!
Today's Song of the Blog is "Soulful Strut" by Youngholt Unlimited. This is not a hard driving rock and roll song, but I have several songs like this on my MP3 that I refer to as "mid-mile songs" - just to keep the beat going once you settle into your run.
Ciao - stay warm, keep running!






















No comments:

Post a Comment